Growing as a Leader in Simulation Operations (SimOps 2017 Panel Presentation)
From Behind the Sim Curtain
(Redirected from Growing as a Leader in Simulation Operations (Panel Presentation at SimOps 2017 Lansing, Michigan))
- Scott Atkinson, Aaron Dix, Shelita Kimble, Kam McCowan, Sev Perelman, H. Michael Young (Adam Dodson was unable to attend.)
- Course Overview:
- This session will provide participants with world experience to assist them as they continue to grow and further their career as a Simulation Operations Specialist. Join this expert panel as we discuss innovation, curriculum design/development, program leadership, professional development, leadership within the Society, politics within a leadership position including government, the do’s and don’ts within our role.
- Describe failures and successes within the career by engaging in group conversation
- Explore ways to advocate for professional development speaking engagements and career growth
- Describe the opportunities and possible challenges that can occur in the role of Simulation Operations Specialist
- What one word would you use to describe yourself?
- Introduce yourself! Where are you from?
- What type of education do you need to be a simulation Technician? (Scott)
- In your opinion, what is the most important part of your job as a Simulation Technician? (Sev)
- How do you become a leader in Simulation? (Shelita)
- In your opinion, do simulation sales companies really know what you want? (Michael)
- Where do you go to connect, get resources, or questions answered as a Simulation Technician? (Kam)
- In your Opinion, What key performance indicators are required for successful running of a simulation center? (Aaron)