Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 114:||Line 114:|
*Simulation in Healthcare - http://www.ssih.org/News/Journal
*Clinical Simulation in Nursing - http://www.nursingsimulation.org/
Revision as of 08:53, 29 July 2017
- 1 About this site
- 2 Who are we? We go by many names .....
- 3 Professional Development
- 4 Development of the Profession
- 5 Resources
- 6 Become Involved!
About this site
Behind the Sim Curtain is a 100% volunteer-run project dedicated to the supporting the professional development of individual sim techs as well as fostering the development of the profession for all simulation operation specialists.
Who are we? We go by many names .....
- Simulation Technologist,
- Simulation Technology Specialist,
- Simulation Operation Specialist,
- Stage Manager of Medical Theater,
- Jack of all Trades ....
No matter what we are called, we are the people working behind the scenes to get the technology out of the way of the education.
INASCL Standards of Best Practice
- Simulation Design
- Outcomes and Objectives
- Participant Evaluation
- Professional Integrity
- Simulation-Enhanced Interprofessional Education (Sim-IPE)
- And coming in fall 2017, a standard specifically for Simulation Operations !!!!
The Society for Simulation in Healthcare has two types of certification, one for educators and one for simulation operation specialists. There is a fair bit of overlap between the positions, but also some differences in focus.
From the examination blueprints, here are the domains of knowledge that are tested:
- Certification of Healthcare Simulation Educators (CHSE)
- Certification of Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialists (CHSOS)
- Post-Grad Certificate*
Development of the Profession
The California Statewide Health Occupations Advisory Committee did a job analysis and created two DACUM job profiles:
- Simulation Program Coordinator - https://ca-hwi.org/public/uploads/pdfs/Simulation_Program_Coordinator.pdf
- Simulation Technology Specialist - https://ca-hwi.org/public/uploads/pdfs/Simulation_Program_Coordinator1.pdf
If you're a member of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, there are some job descriptions in the Resources Library http://www.ssih.org/SSIH/SSIH/Resources/ResourceLibraries
If you're a member of SimGHOSTS, the Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists, there are some more job descriptions posted at http://www.simghosts.org/subscribers/documents/
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INASCL) - http://www.inacsl.org
- Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (SimGHOSTS)] - http://www.simghosts.org
- Society for Simulation in Healthcar (SSiH) - http://www.ssih.org
- Association of Standardized Patient Educators - http://www.aspeducators.org
- Teaching with Simulation Lessons (University of Washington) - https://collaborate.uw.edu/teaching-with-technology/simulation
- Training Guide Using Simulation for TeamSTEPPS - https://www.ahrq.gov/teamstepps/simulation/index.html
- Simulation in Healthcare Journal - http://www.ssih.org/News/Journal
- Clinical Simulation in Nursing - http://www.nursingsimulation.org/
- Healthcare Simulation: A Guide for Operation Specialists - http://www.powells.com/book/healthcare-simulation-9781118949412/72-4
Websites and Blogs
- Clinical Playground (Eric Baumann) - http://clinicalplayground.com
- Games and Simulation in Healthcare - http://healthcaregames.wisc.edu/
- Healthy Simulation (Lance Bailey) - http://www.healthysimulation.com
- Mobile Sim - http://mobilesim.wordpress.com/
- Open Source Sim - http://www.opensourcesim.org
- Patient Simulation - http://patientsimulation.co.uk
- SimLog http://blog.une.edu/simlab/
- (Jeff Taekman) http://blog.simsingularity.com/
We use the the same software as Wikipedia (MediaWiki) and encourage everyone who works behind the sim curtain to become active members of this community-driven resources.
- To become a contributor, start by sending an email to email@example.com
- To learn more about how and why you should get involved, take a look at Leveraging Open Source Collaborative Content for Professional Development and Development of the Profession, a workshop we hope to be offering at IMSH in 2018.
This is the second version of Behind the Sim Curtain - the original website was created by Kam McCowan in 2007 to showcase a collection of tricks of the trade.