Difference between revisions of "Main Page"
|Line 131:||Line 131:|
*To become a contributor, start by sending an email to [mailto:email@example.com Kam McCowan]
*To become a contributor, start by sending an email to [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Kam McCowan ]
''This is the second version of Behind the Sim Curtain - the original website was created by Kam McCowan in 2007 to showcase a collection of tricks of the trade.
''That content is still [https://sites.google.com/site/sshtog/ available online] and is in the process of being moved to Open Source Sim http://www.opensourcesim.org , a website for creating and sharing ideas that make our lives easier!
Revision as of 18:43, 1 December 2017
- 1 About this site
- 2 Who are we? We go by many names .....
- 3 Professional Development
- 4 Development of the Profession
- 5 Resources
- 6 Become Involved!
- 7 About Us
About this site
Behind the Sim Curtain is a 100% volunteer-run project dedicated to the supporting the professional development of individual sim techs and the development of the profession for all simulation operation specialists.
Who are we? We go by many names .....
- Simulation Technologist,
- Simulation Technology Specialist,
- Simulation Operation Specialist,
- Stage Manager of Medical Theater,
- Jack of all Trades ....
No matter what we are called, we are the people working behind the scenes to get the technology out of the way of the education.
INASCL Standards of Best Practice
- Simulation Design
- Outcomes and Objectives
- Participant Evaluation
- Professional Integrity
- Simulation-Enhanced Interprofessional Education (Sim-IPE)
- Simulation Operations (NEW as of Fall 2017!!!)
- Examination Blueprints and Resources
- Information about the Exams
- University of Southern Indiana (Clinical Simulation)
- Bryan College of Health Sciences (Simulation Educator)
- The MOVES Institute - Naval Postgraduate School (Healthcare Simulation)
- University of Central Florida (Healthcare Simulation)
- Robert Morris University (Simulation Instruction & Management)
- University of Akron - Associate Degree and dual certificate paths in Simulation Technology
- University of San Francisco - Certificate in Healthcare Simulation
- Drexel University (MS - Medical Simulation)
- New York Institute of Technology (link tbd)
- Post-Grad Certificate*
Development of the Profession
- Simulation Program Coordinator - https://ca-hwi.org/public/uploads/pdfs/Simulation_Program_Coordinator.pdf
- Simulation Technology Specialist - http://wiki.behindthesimcurtain.org/index.php/File:DACUM_Competency_Profile_for_Simulation_Technology_Specialist-1.doc
If you're a member of SimGHOSTS, there are some more job descriptions posted at http://www.simghosts.org/subscribers/documents/
- International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INASCL) - http://www.inacsl.org
- Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (SimGHOSTS)] - http://www.simghosts.org
- Society for Simulation in Healthcar (SSiH) - http://www.ssih.org
- Association of Standardized Patient Educators - http://www.aspeducators.org
- Teaching with Simulation Lessons (University of Washington) - https://collaborate.uw.edu/teaching-with-technology/simulation
- Training Guide Using Simulation for TeamSTEPPS - https://www.ahrq.gov/teamstepps/simulation/index.html
- Simulation in Healthcare Journal - http://www.ssih.org/News/Journal
- Clinical Simulation in Nursing - http://www.nursingsimulation.org/
- Medical Training Magazine - https://www.healthcaretrainingandeducation.com
- Healthcare Simulation: A Guide for Operation Specialists - http://www.powells.com/book/healthcare-simulation-9781118949412/72-4
Websites and Blogs
- Clinical Playground (Eric Baumann) - http://clinicalplayground.com
- Games and Simulation in Healthcare - http://healthcaregames.wisc.edu
- Healthy Simulation (Lance Bailey) - http://www.healthysimulation.com
- Mobile Sim - http://mobilesim.wordpress.com
- Open Source Sim - http://www.opensourcesim.org
- Patient Simulation - http://patientsimulation.co.uk
- SimLog http://blog.une.edu/simlab
- SimSingularity (Jeff Taekman) http://blog.simsingularity.com
- SimulationTek http://simulationtek.com
Medical Education Websites
- To become a contributor, start by sending an email to Kam McCowan <email@example.com>
- To learn more about how and why to contribute to this and other healthcare simulation wikiws, take a look at the online course we are developing, Leveraging Open Source Collaborative Content for Professional Development and Development of the Profession
This is the second version of Behind the Sim Curtain - the original website was created by Kam McCowan in 2007 to showcase a collection of tricks of the trade.